Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Step Up!


Dear Ella,

Daddy and I found this perfectly sized step stool at Salvation Army when we were back in Iowa. Let's be honest, it was hideous! There was a cat painting wrapped around the stool. It had to go. Good thing I had bigger plans:) And, did it all for only the cost of the stool ($3.00).

My original thought was to paint your name on it. But once I got the stensil on it, I wasn't thrilled. So, I grabbed my scrapbooking paper that Grandma M. bought for your first birthday party and Mod Podged the heck out of it! Here's how...

1) Panted that crazy cat all white....like five times. (used trim paint that we had)

2) Cut a piece of 12X12 scrapbook card stock to match the size of the top of the stool (paper from your bday party)

3) Cut your initial out of another piece of card stock from same set using a stencil)

4) Painted Mod Podge on top of the stool, placed the cut piece of card stock carefully on top...let dry completely (already had Mod Podge ...of course!)

5)Once dry, Mod Podged over the top of the stool again.

6) Place initial on wet Mod Podge where it looked right...Let dry.

7) Mod Podged over the top of the initial.

DONE!



Easy, fun, and now you can get into more than you are now (including washing your hands)!

-love mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment