Thursday, June 14, 2012

Here we go a Camping!

Dear Ella,

We went camping this weekend. Don't tell your dad; but, I did it for him:) I knew it would probably be a struggle. I mean, what can a one year old who is just learning to walk and wants to walk everywhere going to do on a steep, rocky, broken glass filled campground? Nothin' but trouble. Daddy did hook up a hammock. You enjoyed swinging in it...until you face-planted out of it onto the ground. You enjoyed walking around as I held your hand; but you ended up falling more than walking. You enjoyed looking a the bugs, and let several of them into our tent. You enjoyed standing on the camping chairs right next to the fire; but, I quickly decided that wasn't a good spot for you either. You enjoyed eating your PB&J sandwich without a bib and definitely without having your hands wiped off. You enjoyed acting like you were caught in a net trap when we zipped you in the tent for the night. You enjoyed snuggling to sleep in my sleeping bag, under my arm, under my leg, next to my face, and on top of my stomach.

You loving the tent



Big Smiles!


The cooler is the new fridge...


PBJ Time!




This is literally right before you flipped out of the hammock and face planted on the dirt. Daddy felt HORRIBLE for not catching you! You were totally fine!



Turned out to be a nice night...with a sprinkle


Overall, I'd say you had a blast! I, however, am exhausted. Daddy had a good time too.



He drank beer, built a fire, took pictures, and enjoyed the vista. I loved watching you and daddy enjoy yourselves so much. And, you took a wonderful nap when you got home...so that was worth it all!

I love you baby!

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment