Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Gift for the Grams

Dear Ella,


You just celebrated Mother's Day with me for the second year! While I posted about all of the sweet things that you and daddy did for me here http://ellajanevanwinkle.shutterfly.com/babyjournal, I didn't take the chance to show you what you (and I:)) gave to your grandmothers. I took this picture of you sitting at the bottom of the slide at our community park. It was late March. One of the sweet things about this photo is that you are wearing my jacket from when I was a toddler...It's a little big on you yet, but it'll fit you well soon. 


How we made it! 

I found a tutorial on how to make prints on wood. So I modified this picture in Picnik...which is no longer available BTW. I went to Staples and had them print it onto card stock (size was too odd for our printer). Daddy then cut the piece of 1" thick wood to the size of the print. I painted it white and Mod Podged the print onto the wood, sanded the edges to rough it up a bit, and painted Mod Podge over the top to seal it. Daddy drilled a partial hole in the back to hang from a nail. DONE!

So easy and memorable! Thanks for being my subject:)



I love you so much!
-mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment