Tuesday, May 29, 2012

SMILE

http://ellajanevanwinkle.shutterfly.com/babyjournal

Hi Doll,
You are so much fun to be around lately....always; but really fun lately! Here's our day...

5:30 am- (This isn't the fun part). We usually wake up to you squealing or talking to your flower hanging from your crib. If, however, you haven't gotten enough sleep, you will wake up whimpering. Sometimes I wonder how long you are awake before we actually hear you. 


5:45- You join us in bed. You immediately ask for "milk". If I deny you (because you just ate an hour earlier, for example) , you commence a full on crawl fest; over me, over dad, back over me. Then you DIVE off of the bed. Most of the time I catch your legs and let you down gently. You ask me to "open" the drawer, because you know that's where my necklaces are. We sleep for approximately 5 more minutes as you play contently my pretties. We wake again to you either unrolling the entire roll of toilet paper, or scrambling quickly out of our room. One of us jumps out of bed to make sure the gate is closed as to prevent you from tumbling down the stairs. 

6:00am-You eat breakfast. It typically consists of eggs, smoothie, oatmeal, yogurt, water, and peanut butter and jelly sandwich. YES, you eat this much almost everyday for breakfast. 


6:15am-  Done with breakfast, start throwing leftover food off of your tray; then you SMILE at me like you didn't do anything you weren't supposed to. Oh, your smile. 





6:45am- Done playing with all of your toys, done looking through your books, done with doing anything independently for the rest of the day. So, we tickle, we run. I ask you to SMILE and you scrunch your face, squint your eyes, and show me all of your two teeth. I ask you for a kiss and you lean in and smack your lips. 
the rest of the day pretty much goes like this. Play, smile, pool, smile, fall down, get held, smile, read books, smile, nap, cry, smile. You are so fun. 
Love, Mommy

New spoken words:out, ouch, grandpa, grandma, please, yes, shoes, water, hello. Shake head "no". You also dance to Bob Marley and JackJohnson. You can scribble with a pen and crayon. You get REALLY mad when I take the phone away from you.

1 comment: