Saturday, June 22, 2013

Forced to Simplify

Two things come to mind when I think about common household items that I never thought I could live without, that we currently live without.

One: A television.

Two: A blender.

The television we previously had was loaned to us by Caleb's sister, Beth, while she was at school in Australia. So, when she graduated and moved back to Colorado, we happily returned it to her. Honestly, the only time I miss the TV is at 6:00 am when it would just be so easy to flip on PBS Kids. Thank goodness we can stream some of the shows online;)

The blender was my choice. I sold our blender half a
year ago to put $ towards  a juicer. We ended up having a juicer given to us and just haven't replaced the blender. There are few moments that I miss it. Today, I am thankful we don't have a blender. I think I just made the most delicious hand-made peach shake that I've ever had. No noisy machine required for these three ingredients: mashed peaches, ice cream, and vanilla.


As you can tell, I forgot to take the picture before eating half of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment