Saturday, January 5, 2013

Life at 20 months

Dear Ella,

I think when you go through big changes that make your dad and I say, "man, it seems like she's growing up.", is when I realize that I better keep documenting our thoughts, feeling, and photos of you.

The New:
For one, you love to sing. Sometimes you will sing repetitive parts to songs you already know (Baby Signing Time, Jingle Bells, etc). Sometimes you make up your own tune and just hum while eating or playing.

Secondly, your pretend play has become so much more advanced. There are times that you will be in your play kitchen eating play food, drinking from play cups, feeding you play baby, and talking to her all the same. You seem more like a kid than a toddler in these moments.

Third, (and this is a big one), you gave up your pacifier! Traded it for a good ole banana and threw it away. Yes, you cried for 10 minutes the first night but have been sleeping soundly since. Once in awhile you'll ask for it; but, I just remind you it's in the garbage and that only babies need pacifiers. Then you're good to go.

Fourth, you have been very clingy lately. Many people think it could be the way that you somehow know that mommy is carrying another baby...orrrrrrr it's just teeth ;).

Fifth, you HATE us looking at you if you are dirtying your diaper. I think toilet training is your next New Year's Resolution!

Last, you have a new baby cousin, Noah. You are obsessed with Noah. Every baby you see now is Noah. Even baby Jesus was Noah. Love!
There are probably a thousand other things I'm forgetting; but, I'm going to take those moments when I remember what they are, and cherish them in my heart instead of on the computer.


I love you Sweet One,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment